Friday, September 10, 2010

Sayonara Minivan


Forget that we just bought a new handicapped-accessible minivan. I'm still thrilled to hear that I may not be destined to drive a minivan for the rest of my life, now that the Vehicle Production Group has created the new MV-1. This car has been specifically created to meet the needs of passengers in wheelchairs, and it does so in a way that looks safe, economical and fun -- not to mention just a little bit English. Move over Mini Cooper, here we come!

When our family traveled to London recently, we marveled that every black London cab had a ramp and could easily accommodate the five of us, including Andrew in his wheelchair. Looks like New York, along with many other U.S. cities, may now be able to follow suit. And if I'm lucky, I'll be cured of my minivan-itis forever! Silly thing to hope for with everything wrong in this world, but a mom can still dream.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Loved this car! At an age where my friends are growing out of their need to have a mini-van, I feel sort of stuck! Hope this car comes our way soon. And I'm truly amazed that every taxi in London could accomodate your family. Thanks for the article.

Jeanne said...

After reading the first paragraph my first thought was "just wait until Caroline sees this!" Kris now you won't have to look like the suburban goddess forever! Give it a few more years and maybe they'll be able to make a convertible.