Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Smile Time

Last night for homework, Andrew had to compile a list of ten things that make him smile.  Here's what he came up with:

1. Having tag sales
2. Gift certificates to buy cool stuff
3. Posters of famous people
4. My brother Henry
5. Riding in convertibles
6. Laptop computers
7. Playgrounds
8. Restaurants
9. Watching "America's Funniest Videos" with my family
10. Going to the circus

For the record, we've only had one tag sale...which didn't make any money, but I guess it was more fun than I knew.  Nevertheless, this little exercise reminded me of how important it is to stop and recognize what makes our kids happy. It's funny to see what's on the list.  I think I'm going to ask our other kids to make one this week, just to enlighten John and me.  What are your kids smiling about these days?  How about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried this with my daughter. Amazing how it's always the simple things that make them smile. I think this is also a great exercise for us adults to do from time to time, especially when it all seems to be overwhelming us.

Sherry said...

What a great idea! I am going to give it a go because sometimes I feel like nothing makes anyone happy!